Thursday 27 June 2013

Quad walk progression Part 2, plus a new technique to try....

Well, the dog walk is just as frustrating as I thought my first go would be, plus with the particular rig I chose (whilst looking more realistic compared to a lot of cartoony rigs) hasn't got any controls for the head other than to rotate it, so no blinking, no nose controls, no ear controls, it leaves the head looking a bit flat and dead.  So I'm going to leave this walk as is for now as sort of a dummy walk for a dog, something that I can easily pick up and work from (animation layer-wise)....


So in my struggles, I looked for methods that other's use to do quad cycles, as unfortunately Chris Sokalofsky demonstrates on Vimeo, even though it is still a great tutorial with lots of helpful insights.  I found this very quick demostration by Virginie Michel d'Annoville and I think I'll try this approach to a quad cycle....


No comments:

Post a Comment